At Westwood, we love sport, being active, and trying new things that might just turn into something we enjoy for the rest of our lives. Clubs in schools can be expensive things, which is why we use our Sports Premium money to provide as many free club places as possible across a whole range of brilliant sports.
This year, we will continue to use our Sports Premium funding (SP) to make more clubs available to our pupils free of charge – this is to increase participation rates in sport and to promote a healthy, active lifestyle. Through the course of the school year, we will seek to offer the clubs that the pupils most want, as identified through pupil perception analysis.
Please ask at the school office about availability of places in each club, some have specific application forms and these are also available from the school office.
Virtual Clubs 2021 Spring Term.
Due to lockdown, we cannot provide clubs at school at present.
Because it’s really important for both our pupil’s physical and mental wellbeing that they take exercise regularly during the lockdown, our School Sports Partnership (SSP) has created the 4 o’clock club – a virtual club open to all children. There are currently plans in place for the next couple of weeks but these can be extended if need be. The timetable so far includes:
SSP 4 o’clock ‘virtual’ activity and sports clubs:
- Friday 8th January 4pm – 5pm – Sports Skills
- Monday 11th January 4pm – 5pm – Street Dance
- Tuesday 12th January 4pm – 5pm – Gymnastics Skills
- Wednesday 13th January 4pm – 5pm – Fitness Fun
- Thursday 14th January 4pm – 5pm – Gymnastic Skills
- Friday 15th January 4pm – 5pm – Sports Skills
These clubs are free of charge and open to all children of primary school age. No need to book, but if the clubs are busy, Zoom may not be able to cope and the SSP will look at making it available to more users. All sessions will be delivered via Zoom so you will need access to a screen/phone and a little bit of space to be active in.
- All sessions will be led by experienced School Sport Partnership staff (all have Enhanced DBS checks)
- All sessions will have 2 members of staff present at all times to adhere to safeguarding recommended online best practice.
- We will require an adult to be present/ in sight of your child throughout the sessions for safeguarding purposes.
We feel, more than ever, that it is important to keep children active and engaged during these difficult weeks and we hope this daily online club will help.
To take part in any of the sessions above please follow the zoom invitation details below:
firstname.lastname@example.org is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: CPRSSP After School Club
Time: Wednesday 6th January 2021 (Reoccurring Daily)
Meeting ID: 771 680 4369