On this page you will find resources to support learning from home. The resources are sorted by year group for ease of reference. While the school is closed we will ask teachers, if they are well, to update weekly the menu of learning for pupils to undertake whilst at home.
The materials provided are to support the continuing learning of the pupils, consolidating on previously learning and offering opportunities to discover something new. However, we recommend that in these unprecedented times, that the focus of parents is primarily on the wellbeing and happiness of the pupils in the first instance, with opportunities to learn implemented when anxieties about why school is closed are reduced.
Some parents have said that structure would be helpful so we have listened, and tried to put the activities into a timetable for the week – it is not compulsory, but may be useful.
In general, in line with our homework policy, we would suggest that on a daily basis the following tasks take place: –
- Daily reading is perhaps the single most important activity to help open the world of learning to our pupils. Once they are effective readers, they can learn about anything. So encouragement to read, fostering a love of reading and of understanding what has been read through questioning.
- Spelling practice – review the spellings that have been taught during the year so far.
- Times tables practice – using the TT Rockstars App which all pupils have access to.
Stay well everyone!
Week commencing 30th March 2020.
- Reception Learning can be found here.
- Year 1 Learning can be found here and here.
- Year 2 Learning can be found here.
- Year 3 Learning can be found here and here.
- Year 4 Learning can be found here.
- Year 5 Learning can be found here, here and here.
- Year 6 Learning can be found here.
Sports and PE: Additionally, our partners at Castle Point and Rochford School Sports Partnership (CPRSSP) have put together some ideas for physical activities that can be undertaken at home to keep pupils healthy and fit. We are grateful to them for this support. Some sample activities can be found here.