In the second half of the summer term our topic is Making connections. This is a geography based topic. We will be investigating our local area, locating it on a map and identifying human and physical features of the local area. In history we will be continuing our Egyptian topic. In science we will be learning about solids, liquids and gases and identifying the part played by evaporation and condensation in the water cycle.
Literacy and Numeracy: In Literacy our fiction focus will be myths and legends. Our non- fiction focus will be journalistic and explanation texts. In Numeracy we will be covering the following topics: statistics, time, geometry and shape as well as consolidating the four operations.
Other useful info: Outdoor PE is on a Thursday (children will need a PE kit in school all week and a pair of trainers) Swimming is on a Monday
Spellings are set on a Friday and tested on the following Thursday. Times tables are tested on a Friday.
Well done to all of the children who have already handed in their Egyptian homework task. We have some great creations so far!
Making connections Challenge homework
Choose one of these to complete and hand in before Friday 28th June
- Take a photo of yourself at your favourite place in Hadleigh and write about why it is your favourite place. (This could be a poem or as sentences)
- Make a poster or leaflet advertising the facilities in Hadleigh.
- Make a model of an interesting building or landmark in the local area.
- Make a game about your local area.
- Research the history of Hadleigh and write some interesting facts about what you found out. (this could be as a fact file, report or a power-point)
- Find out about a famous building or famous person from the local area.