At Westwood Academy, we treat children as individuals and personalise their learning so that they are engaged, active and having fun. There is no “one size fits all.” We want our children to learn rapidly because they are engrossed in activities and cannot wait to discover the next part of their learning journey.
The children’s happiness matters to us. We encourage them to:
- Develop their emotional, spiritual and cultural awareness;
- Not be involved in bullying, racism or any forms of harassment;
- Achieve outstanding results in Key Stage One and Key Stage Two;
- Achieve well regardless of their ability, home background, gender or ethnicity;
- Understand and respect others’ feelings, values and beliefs;
- Be enterprising and willing to take responsibility.
We aim to inspire children to do, take a risk, challenge themselves and have a go through first hand learning experiences. We facilitate teaching that encourages the children to take control of their learning and to develop into active critical learners in readiness for their onward journey.
Westwood Academy is the lead school in the South Essex Academy Trust, working in collaboration to improve both itself and other schools. For more information about the trust, visit http://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/
As with all of the academies within the trust, we have core values that are at the heart of everything we do. They are:
- perseverance; and