Please find below details of homework club along with the specific arrangements for homework in each year group.
Every Monday lunchtime, Mrs Tong works in library to provide a homework club to support children with their homework and make available any advice or resources that will support the children’s learning, including the schools range of computing devices.
- Phonics pack sent home on Friday that contains the sounds we have learnt that week and related handwriting sheets, songs and word cards to practice reading and writing at home – it does not need to be returned.
- During review weeks, where no new sounds have been taught, the children are given further tasks to consolidate the learning of the most recently learnt sounds at home – it does not need to be returned.
- During reception year, there will start a weekly spelling ‘quiz’; words are sent home on the Friday to be learnt by the following Thursday.
- Over holiday periods there is usually a task set to be returned to school following the break.
- Maths tasks are set on abacus and occasionally activities are sent home to consolidate learning in class and for continued use at home.
- Bug club books are topped up regularly so that all children have at least 3 books to choose from. Reading books are changed on a Monday, Wednesday and a Friday; children are expected to read every night as their main homework (along with practicing the sight word cards sent home in the phonic packs on Fridays) and hence each book should have been read at least twice before it is changed.
- Homework is sent out on Friday’s. It is expected back by the following Tuesday.
- Each week the children have spellings and a literacy or numeracy piece of homework along with another task linking to a foundation subject.
- Some weeks, homework may be online through Abacus or DB Primary.
- Homework goes home on Fridays with spellings included.
- There are different spelling lists for different groups.
- Homework is expected back the following week by Thursday.
- Homework club on Monday is popular in year 2 because most children bring their homework back on Monday.
- Homework goes out on Thursday each week and is due back in on the following Tuesday.
- There is an alternating weekly pattern of online homework and tasks in the homework book.
- Spellings and times tables tests take place on Thursday morning every week.
- Spelling lists appear on DB primary for the children to refer to.
- Homework is set on a Friday and should be handed in on the following Wednesday at the latest
- The homework will alternate between being set online and being completed in a homework book.
- The homework tasks are to consolidate the learning that we have been doing in the classroom except occasionally when we may ask the children to carry out a piece of research.
- If your child has a problem completing the homework on line please write us a note and your child will be given time within school to complete the tasks.
- There is also a homework club in the Library at lunchtime on a Monday.
- Spellings and times tables are set on a Monday and tested on a Friday. Please support your child with learning these. If your child is absent from school on a Monday please encourage them to ask for the lists when they return to school.
- Homework goes out on a Thursday and is all online – either DB Primary or Abacus (Active Learn).
- It is due for completion by the following Tuesday.
- Spellings out on Monday, tested on Friday. Times table tests are on Thursday.
- “Guide on the side” topic homework is set at the start of each half term, with dates included on when to hand work in.
- Year 6 receive regular homework throughout each week – homework club is available on Monday to support children who require extra support or time.
- The homework is primarily literacy and numeracy based and is given with deadlines and expected to be completed.